Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Annual Equality Statement 2023/24
In accordance with the Willow Learning Trust Equality Policy and DfE Regulations, the Trust is required to publish information to demonstrate its compliance with the Equality Duty, relating to both its employees and those affected by its activities.
How is Abbey meeting the Equality Duty?
- Reviewed the provision in PSHE, SRE, RE assemblies and other elements of the curriculum that promote tolerance and understanding about cultures and lifestyles.
- Reviewed our HR policies to ensure they are legally compliant with all relevant legislation, including the Equality Act.
- Ensured that any new buildings are fully accessible, with the inclusion of lifts and accessible toilets.
- Monitoring the attendance of pupils within specific groups (SEND, Disadvantaged etc)
- Monitoring the performance of Disadvantaged pupils as compared to the cohort as a whole.
We have undertaken to:
- For students – implement policies on equal opportunities (including equality and diversity policy, special needs, behaviour and anti-bullying);
- For staff -implement policies on equal opportunities, recruitment, and selection, pay and conditions and staff code of conduct.
- Employ specialist staff to support students with special needs or disabilities and implement the disability access plan.
- Monitor student and staff welfare, with intervention and support where required.
- Take steps to meet the needs of students or staff that have a particular characteristic
- Ensure that there are always equality objectives within the School Improvement Plan (SIP).